All Buddhist Temple of Toledo Services, Ceremonies, Meetings, and other activities are virtual-only through May 31, 2020 to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The Temple building is closed.
Gatherings that can be adapted to virtual-only will be held online including:
- Temple Ceremonies and Services will be live streamed on our Facebook Page
- Ango Workshops will be held virtually
Gatherings that cannot be shifted online are cancelled, including:
- Meditation and Recovery Group - Monday evening book club and meeting are cancelled.
- Dharma School - Sunday Dharma school for kids is cancelled.
- Sesshin - April and May sesshin are cancelled. Our Teachers will offer alternative practices to fill the space left in our Ango practice, but these will not be "virtual sesshin". Details forthcoming.
- Monday 7:30-8 p.m. Book Club
- Monday 8-9 p.m. Meditation & Recovery Meeting
- This meeting no longer meets on Fridays.
With respect for the worth and dignity of each person, all are welcome here. We respect all forms of meditation, however during the meditation period, we ask that everyone be quiet and still out of respect for the practice.
The purpose of this meeting is to strengthen our meditation practice by communal effort and thereby strengthen our recovery program. Our meeting includes time for prayer or intention setting, meditation and discussion. Our discussion period offers us a chance to share openly about our experiences with meditation and recovery. For those new to meditation, beginning instruction will be offered. A weekly book club meets just prior to the Monday night meeting to read and discuss a book related to meditation and recovery.
Book Club Information
Past book club selections we recommend
One Breath at a Time